Two girls take ice cream in the central square of the population of Filandia. Quindío. The territory that now constitutes the town of Filandia was inhabited before it was founded by some of the Indian tribe of the Quimbayas. They lived in northern Quindío, his territory extended to the river Chinchiná. Filandia was part of the "province QUIMBAYA", named after the conquering invaders who came in search of gold in the colonial period in 1540. The first settlers penetrated by "THE WAY OF QUINDÍO" from the center east of the country and its transit through this pathway, little by little they settled on the banks of the way. Initially devoted to the establishment of dairy farms (which were places where travelers spent the night and later became roadside eateries) and contaderos (places where travelers stopped to have their cattle and beasts of burden and is not known whether they had lost). The counter where he later founded Filandia is described by several travelers and chroniclers with the name of heifers and nudilleros novilleros. The foundation of Filandia known years ago as a hamlet or village of Carthage, under the name of Nudilleros, took place on August 20, 1878. The founders of Filandia Felipe Melendez, Elisha Buitrago, Jose Leon, Carlos Franco, Jose Maria and Dolores Garcia, Ignacio Londoño, Peter Londono, Andres Cardona, Jose Ramon Lopez Sanz, Severo Gallego, Gabriel Montaño, José María Osorio, Laureano Sanchez Eleuterio Aguirre, and Lolo Morales found the ideal place to raise a city. Gave it the name of Filandia. Filandia was the second borough that make up the region Quindio; municipality is erected in 1892 and ratified in 1894. Its first mayor was Don Rafael Ramirez, the first Mass was celebrated in 1880 by Father Jose Joaquin Baena. The Filandia name comes from "Filia" Child, "Andia" Andes, "FILANDIA" Child of the Andes, was village of Salento and was the second municipality Quindiano formed after Salento. Filandia Township had the township to Quimbaya.