Titanic Wall Mural, Dee Street, Belfast This wall mural is on the corner of Netwownards Road and Dee Street. Dee Street led into the Harland and Wolff shipyard where RMS Titanic (and many other ships) were built - many of the shipyard workers who lived in this area would have walked up and down Dee Street on their way to and from work. The writing bottom right reads; 'This mural is respectfully dedicated to the men, women and children who lost their lives in the waters of the North Atlantic on the night of April 14th 1912: to those who survived - whose lives from that night on were forever altered and to those who built the Titanic "we forget them not" ' The writing botton laft (below the White Star flag) writes; RMS Titanic Her name is publicly announced April 1908. Designation begins on March 1909 On May 31st 1911, the Titanic was launched here in Belfast April 10th 1912 She left Southampton for New York April 14th 1912 Disaster struck in the North Atlantic ocean, 1523 people lost their lives in the disaster, 705 passengers and crew survived.'